Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What I'm Working on Wednesday

New fabrics for my shop.
I especially love this pattern. It's one of that I created for my next commercial collection for Moda, but this one is obviously hand patterned and dyed and each hexagon is larger in scale than it will be in the commercial version.
I'm also working on new color ways for existing patterns like this one:

And new lengths for a few much loved patterns.


Due to a custom order, I recently ordered some blank yardage that 60" wide instead of the traditional 44" wide and am wondering if other folks would be interested in single yard pieces that are extra wide? Feel free to pipe in here and give me some feedback.
I  haven't forgotten about my monthly pattern and am making good progress on my Klee's Trees quilt. Hopefully I'll have the remaining 8 blocks done by week's end and will be ready to start writing the pattern as well quilting the top.
In the meantime, here's a progress shot to give you a hint of how it's coming together.


I know there are different schools of thought about whether you should post images of work in progress, especially when it has a commercial purpose, but I'm only human and I get excited about what I'm working on and I want to share that excitement.
I don't think that diminishes other people's interest in making the quilt when the pattern becomes available, do you?

9 comments:

Josée Carrier said...

I just love your new pattern. And particularly the colors! They look so rich. Your Klee Trees are such a great idea. I'm happy you shared your inspiration and prgress with us.

Molly said...

I am so in love with this pattern that I will definitely buy a copy. You're piquing my interest with all these progress shots!! I'm not a pattern buyer either ... this will be my first one.

Wtrstone said...

Love the trees!!! I certainly appreciate seeing process and progress...

Kristin L said...

I'm in the camp that seeing a work in progress piques interest in the finished product, rather than diminishes it. I think this applies equally to pattern ideas and to artwork for exhibit. Fabric design is a mystery to me, but I think that seeing you work through possible patterns and color ways is intriguing and would inspire anticipation for a new line of fabric. I suspect the view looks different from the marketing side though.

Stitch and Yarn said...

Sharing your inspiration and designs in progress are the posts I like the best!

Aliceart said...

Actually, I think it stokes my interest every time!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this new pattern. I will definitely buy it when finished. Thanks for sharing the process. More fun that way.

Hillary

MariQuilts said...

I love when quilters share their process!!!

Denise said...

I appreciate seeing your progress, and all of the other designers. It allows me to see a bit of what goes into the final product. Like color and texture auditions...very interesting - what works and what doesn't and why. Thanks!