Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Improv Courthouse Steps

I'm in final wrap-up for Quilt market mode which really means scrambling to finish projects before I head out on Friday.
Before things get any crazier though I wanted to share with you my finished Improve Courthouse Steps quilt.
I quilted the entire thing from start to finish yesterday and then finished binding it this morning. I've got a bit of backache which is pretty funny considering I just came back from Colorado where I ran the Barr Trail and around Garden of the Gods, hiked halfway up Pike's Peak and ascended the Manitou Incline...twice. Those didn't seem to bother me, but machine quilting this piece has me taking ibuprofen.
No matter. I'm super happy with the way this quilt turned out and it has sparked loads of new ideas for using the stripes featured in my new collection for Moda, From Outside In.

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

it's really beautiful - how big is it?

Steph said...

Malka,
Love how you have built this improv quilt before our eyes here. Love the way the stripes move and the red pops. A tip I learned that helps my back a lot while at the machine for long hours is to sit on a stool that is high. High enough so that you don't have much bend in the elbows, just straight arms, angling down and maneuvering the quilt.

house on hill road said...

It's gorgeous, Malka!
I'll be in Houston, too. Hopefully our paths will cross so we can finally meet in person. :)

Unknown said...

it's gorgeous! can't ever go wrong with logcabin

DonaleeK said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

oh swoooon. i love this quilt. just discovered your blog. thanks!

sew katie did said...

Love this Malka!