Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More sewing for me :: Part 2

A free, downloadable pattern and purchased fabric does not make for a finished garment, but a little cutting and sewing do.
And by little, I mean this pattern is super-quick to put together and sew up.
I did make a few modifications such as stitching the front pleat down completely rather than just at the top and bottom. Also, though I used homemade bias binding, I elected to turn it completely to the wrong side and stitch it in place, so technically I have facings. Other than that though, I was true to the pattern and instructions. 
As for options for second or third versions, I can definitely see lengthening the pattern to make this into a great summer dress, belted or not. In fact, don't be surprised if that shows up here in the next few days because, folks, this is Texas, and Spring is very brief.

4 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

It looks so pretty and teeny. But having met you I know why it looks so small. Then again, I'm post partum. Everything looks small to me!

Love that material

Amy said...

very nice! love the fabrics also!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Pretty and feminine in a color that I read two years ago was going to be popular: Yellow !~! At that time I ducked into the local Targets, Sears... there was NO yellow on any of the racks and now it appears in every department in the store in one fashion or another. That said, I love the rows of dots in varied earth tones on that bright background.

Esch House Quilts said...

Such a cute top! I used to sew clothes before I started quilting - I may have to take it up again :)