Monday, April 27, 2009

Mini Quilt Monday

Whew! Made it by the skin of my teeth. It's been a busy morning, but I'm ready with my mini quilt and links to some other folks who've made minis as well.
But, before I get to that I thought I'd mention that my my work is being featured today on Scoutie Girl, a terrific design blog. Not only that but there's a link to my store on the site and that will be up all week. How cool is that? So, if you have a second, hop on over there and check that out.
OK, on to this week's mini quilt.


I had to take these pictures pretty quickly as it was starting to rain just as I got outside. This week's mini is a wee bit bigger than last week's, but still well within the parameters of a mini, I think. All the interior squares are dyed to mimic piecing with the technique that I described in my Quilting Arts article last December.

A fellow flickrite and I are admining (real word or product of the internet?) a group on flickr to feature over dyed and discharged fabric. If you've been experimenting with these processes or think you might in the future, or just want to see what folks are coming out with, Here's a link to that.
Also, check out the mini beauties made by Marty , Jacquie , and Melissa . I'm quite taken with them.
I'm not done with my Monday mini quilt madness ( now that's alliteration my high school English teacher would have been proud of). I'm sure you're all aware that the upcoming month of May conveniently begins with the letter M. It's practically kismet then that Mini Quilt Mondays continue through May. So, look for more of those here at the start of the work week and, by all means, let me know if you'd like to participate. You can make a mini for one Monday, or the even numbered Mondays or all of them. Just drop me an email (malka@stitchindye.com) anytime before 10:00 am CST on a given Monday and I'll link to your image or post.

12 comments:

jacquie said...

as i am with yours. i need to get my hands on a copy of that magazine...i couldn't find it locally...maybe i can order it online.

katy said...

You are so amazing. I'm completely in awe of your color sense. This quilt is pretty much everything I love in quilts. Thanks for the gorgeous eye candy.

syko kajsa said...

I love your quilt, it looks wonderfully vibrant against that blue/grey wall! And I want to join! I need to make more mini quilts and I would love some company! One quilt every Monday in May will be a great pace for me!

kajsa dot gmail dot com

Amanda Elizabeth said...

omg! that looks so so so gorgeous!!!!

Tara said...

Thnkas for the link to the flickr group--I've been wanting to try this for a while now!

Janet said...

Fun challenge. For now I under some deadlines but you never know. Your design sense is amazing. Loved the links too.

Mark said...

How lovely!
The colours really zing!

Marie said...

I am loving your mini quilts. Just gorgeous

Scarlett said...

Malka,
I love how you mimicked piecing in this mini-quilt. I linked to it in my quilting blog http://quilting.craftgossip.com/

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Lily Boot said...

love the quilting - and I'm with kasja - your colours radiate light and prettiness agains that grey wall. I too would love to join in - I love the instant satisfaction of a mini quilt - and now there's something to look forward to on Monday!

Jamie Fingal said...

I love your vibrant color palette. Congrats on being a cover girl on Quilting Arts Magazine Dec/Jan 09 Issue!